Interested in journalism? Do you have a passion for writing, photography, or making videos or podcasts? Join us at The Statesman. We have internships for EXP credits and other opportunities to get involved. No experience required. Email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] if you’re interested in earning EXP this semester.
Spring 2021 internships:
Business Management Intern
The Statesman is looking to hire a business intern to practice managing finances and bookkeep for a nonprofit media organization. Applicants must be familiar with Quickbooks, and have strong accounting skills. Experience is not required, and training will be provided. The intern will earn three EXP credits per semester. The Statesman is looking for applicants who are willing to make a long-term commitment, and who are interested in a promotion to Business Manager (paid) in the 2022-23 academic year.
- writing checks
- filing taxes
- making informed financial decisions
- have a car by Fall 2022
- Freshman or Sophomore
- MUST stay on for two years
- No previous experience required
- Learn to create revenue for an organization
- Learn to manage finances for a business
- Learn to use Quickbooks, a very useful accounting tool
The Statesman is looking to hire web interns for one to three credits (four to twelve hours per week) during the Spring 2021 semester. Applicants must be well-versed in WordPress, css coding and html coding. Experience in digital art and web design is preferred, but not required. Must be prepared to address technical difficulties as they arise. Interns will receive two or three EXP credits. The Statesman is looking for applicants who are open to a long term commitment and a possible promotion to Technical Supervisor (paid) in the 2021-2022 school year.
- Work with and report to technical supervisor
- Implement web improvements to increase user engagement
- Take care of technical issues quickly as they arise
- Fulfill internship requirements set by the school (includes some journaling and writing)
- Develop technological competency with multiple web-related programs
- Exercise problem solving abilities and learn how to adapt to changes quickly
- Strengthen communication and teamwork skills