A fire in the Chemistry Building caused the building to be evacuated Wednesday morning.
A fire alarm was pulled in the Graduate Chemistry Building at around 8:55 a.m., followed by an emergency call for smoke coming from the roof, according to Eric Olsen, assistant chief of the University Police Department.
Olsen said that the fire was related to ongoing construction on the building’s roof.
“Investigation has thus far revealed that a piece of coping and roofing was smoldering and caused the smoke condition on the upper floors of the building,” Olsen said in an email.
Both the Setauket and Stony Brook Fire Departments, University Police and Environmental Health and Safety fire marshals were on the scene.