These activities are not endorsed by The Statesman, but valid experiences, nonetheless.
If you get caught doing anything from this list, Stony Brook University and all its affiliates, The Statesman and the author of this article are not responsible for any consequences that result.
For all incoming freshmen who actually paid attention during their orientation, you were probably asked how many things the Campus Involvement Project recommends you do before graduation, and someone probably received a Stony Brook t-shirt for correctly saying “25.” For those who have not do not know and were one of the many students asleep during orientation, this is in reference to the list of “25 Things to Do Before You Graduate.”
It is a list of activities you should do and experiences you should have before graduation in order to ensure that your time at college was memorable.
Now, I completely agree with everything on that list. Strawberry Fest is one of my favorite events put on by the school and everyone should absolutely do everything else on it.
However, if you want to have a complete college experience as a Seawolf, those should not be the only activities in which you partake. After all, bubble tea will not make you remember college. But that’s where I come in.
I created my own list of things to do at Stony Brook before graduation, based on the wisdom and experience I have acquired over the past three years. Hold for applause.
Welcome to Stony Brook.
- Go to Friday class still drunk.
- Have a fling with someone of a different race.
- Model for the Sex and Relationship Issue of The Statesman.
- Try a “gasm” from the Se-Port Deli.
- Storm the field at Homecoming.
- Get kicked out of Brookfest.
- Throw up at your first frat party.
- Enjoy Cinco de Drinko.
- Punch someone else’s boat during Roth Regatta.
- Day drink on Staller Steps.
- Yell, “I’m a Seawolf” at a curious person.
- Somehow end up in Roth Pond and worry about catching a pond infection.
- Roam the Underground Tunnels.
- Bang in Main Stacks.
- Write your entire final paper in the six hours before it’s due.
- Get food poisoning from Jasmine sushi.
- Get some “extra help” from your TA.
- Get less than a 50 percent on a final.
- Openly get high in Tabler.
- Binge watch 7 hours of Netflix instead of studying for your final.
- Sneak in the back door of The Bench.
- Do something illegal on the roof of the ESS building.
- Flash your RA to get out of getting in trouble.
- Dance in a fountain.
- Get chased by a mother goose protecting her babies.