The end of the semester is almost here, which can only mean one thing—students will be scrambling to study for finals and finish up last-minute projects before heading home for the holidays. But before you pack your bags and prepare for a month of relaxation, there are still plenty of things to do around campus before we say goodbye to the fall semester.
10. Resell/Return your textbooks – Get some quick holiday cash by selling your old books back to the bookstore, and remember to return your rental books so you don’t get hit with late fees.
9. Last minute holiday shopping – Still thinking about what to get that friend who has everything? Take a trip to the mall and snag some last minute gifts before you head home for the winter.
8. Staller Movie Night – If you’ve always wanted to see “The Matrix” on the big screen but never got the chance, head over to the Staller Center on Tuesday night for a free screening of the modern sci-fi classic.
7. Midnight Breakfast – It’s a known rule that pancakes and bacon taste better after 12 a.m., especially when they’re free. Check out this semester’s Midnight Breakfast on Dec. 10 and celebrate the end of classes with your friends.
6. Pack up your stuff – Don’t leave your dorm for winter break without making sure you have all your stuff! It would be a shame to get home and realize you left all of your socks in a drawer back at school.
5. Finalize your class schedule for spring – You have a month off from school, but it goes by faster than you may think. Go on SOLAR and make sure you’re enrolled in all your classes for the spring before they fill up.
4. Apply for graduation – If you’re a senior and you’re looking to graduate in May or August, go on SOLAR and fill out your application for graduation before you go home this winter.
3. Use up all your meal points – If you still have meal points left over and only a few days left of classes, live it up and take all your friends to lunch, or buy some snacks for your dorm.
2. Midnight Scream – Are you tired of waking up early for class, working all day, and then doing it all over again in the morning? Scream away your frustrations with this time-honored Stony Brook tradition.
1. Study! – There’s a good chance you have at least one final exam to take before you can successfully call it quits this semester. Now that you have a few days off during finals week, why not take a few minutes and brush up on some old notes?